Best places to workout in LA & how to find them

Hello lovely fitfam + the friends who are looking for spots or hidden gems they can workout in LA, read on as this list is for you. Even if you are not in Los Angeles or USA, you can still benefit from this list and master your way to finding new and exciting locations to get your sweat on.

Below you can find details of all the awesome events happening this week and next in LA, most of them are free, so just register, show up and enjoy or give them a try and see if they are the right type of workout/studio are for you.

~ Saturday, May 13: Project OM Livestream, 8:00-9:30AM PST (FREE YOGA)

Join Manduka for the official project: OM livestreamed yoga class taught by Celebrity Yoga Teacher Adriene Mishler, from Yoga with Adriene. Please consider a suggested donation of $10. You must register to reserve your spot and receive updates.

*This is not just a yoga class, it is to raise awareness for breast cancer and to benefit Susan G. Komen®.

~ For the next two months: Free Vinyasa flow class, Burbank (FREE or DONATION YOGA)

Email me at: adorningyourlife@gmail.com or DM me on Instagram and let's do Yoga together. I'll be organizing group and one to one (private) classes for my 200 Hour Yoga Teacher certificate and would love to flow with you. I’m open to commuting to your place or meeting out and about. I’ll also be leading classes with other teachers so lots of exciting classes are coming to you.

~ Sunday, May 14: Project OM at ONE DOWN DOG, Los Angeles (DONATION YOGA)

Location 1: 11AM-12:00PM, Eagle Rock with Essence Love

Register here

Location 2: 12:30-1:30PM, Silverlake with Adam Gericke

Register here

These are just the two locations near where I live, to attend a project OM class, you can go on Manduka's website and search for a studio near you.

~ Sunday, May 14: Cardio Camp with Brittney C , Santa Monica, 9:00-10:00AM (FREE CARDIO CAMP)

Cardio Camp is a hybrid class combining HIIT Training, strength/toning work and endurance moves for an all out fat burning hour! Wear running shoes, bring a water bottle and your A-Game.

Brittney is an amazing instructor, so I would highly recommend this class. Register here.

~ Monday, May 15: Run club Lululemon, Studio city, 6:00PM (FREE)

Join Lululemon for an all levels 3 or 4 mile run through North Hollywood. There will be a post-run goodies: food and drink specials at Pitfire Pizza!

Full details here. This is happening every Monday, but check the website or call for accuracy.

~ Tuesday, May 16th: Cardio Barre studio city (FREE COMMUNITY CLASS)

*Note: No registration needed for this class, but class entry is on first come first serve basis so if you want to attend make sure you get there on-time or a bit earlier.

~ Thursday, May 18: Yoga on the Green at the Americana at brand, Glendale, 11:00AM-12:00PM (FREE)

YOGA ON THE GREEN at the Americana at brand, takes place every Thursday and its open to public.

~ Saturday, May 20:  Athleta, Sherman Oaks, 9:00-11:00AM (FREE WORKOUT CLASS)

Join celebrity trainer, Sima Cohen, who will lead us through a 30 minute workout class and then teach us how to make a healthy treat without undoing all that hard work.

Details here.

~ Sunday, May 21:  Athleta, Sherman Oaks, 9:30AM-2:00PM (FREE WORKOUT CLASS)

Surf into Summer with BA's Rocky and Minna!

Join Athleta Brand Ambassadors, Rocky and Minna for two 30 minute classes sure to get you toned up for the beach. After stay for healthy snacks, Instagram challenges, swim suit try-ons and so much more. Details here.

~ Sunday, May 21st: Santa Monica Pier, Sunset Yoga (Tickets $35)

Silent 'Yoga Social' Dance Edition at the Santa Monica Pier

Buy your tickets and find out more details on this event here.

My friends say that I have a special talent in finding events :), but it seems so easy. Here is how I find them. I usually Google for events, check out local fitness stores like Athleta and Lululemon, use Yelp (do a location search or use keywords), Time Out LA, Eventbrite, Facebook (search for fitness events), Check out the special offers at your local gym, they usually have free day or weekly passes: Crunch, LA Fitness, Gold’s GYM, 24hour fitness

Also, I did a post on the rules you can follow to make the most of your workout, go check it out.

Comment below and share your favorite locations to workout. I hope that you have enough reasons to move. Lots of love.xx